If you’re passionate about caring for animals, great at communicating with co-workers and customers, and enthusiastic about a career in veterinary medicine, we want to talk to you! We’re frequently hiring for the positions described below.
About the Job
North Colony Animal Clinic is a small animal practice with 5 veterinarians on staff of varying backgrounds from general practice, orthopedic surgery, and emergency medicine with an average of 20 years’ experience between them. Our clinic has been supporting The Colony’s pet-care needs since 1987 and our team’s goal is to practice the highest quality medicine with an emphasis on education. Our entire healthcare team is committed and passionate about providing personal attention to the unique needs of each individual pet and pet owner. The tools we provide to help us practice high quality medicine include electronic medical records, dental radiography, digital radiography, complete patient monitoring systems, ultrasound, complete in-house diagnostic lab, and most importantly a compassionate and experienced support team. We are also uniquely located to allow easy referral’s to multiple 24-hour emergency and specialty facilities.
- Generous compensation package
- Continuing education allowance
- Personal pet benefits
- Licenses, memberships, and dues reimbursed
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Short/Long term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
Veterinary Technician Job Description
We are looking to hire a competent veterinary technician to provide compassionate patient care and positive client experiences. The veterinary technician will provide critical care nursing, triage patients, coordinate their care, and provide them with care before and after surgery by taking their vitals, performing phlebotomy duties, and providing intramuscular (IM), intravenous (IV) and subcutaneous (SQ) injections. You will discuss treatments and disease processes with clients, systematize and track patient diagnostics, and communicate with clients, other team members, veterinarians and pharmacies regarding patients’ needs.
To ensure success in this position, you need to be meticulous and compassionate to provide patients with the highest level of care. Preferred applicants are motivated, empathetic and detail-oriented.
- Triaging patients and taking their vitals, and acquiring patient history and other information from clients.
- Restraining animals during exams or procedures.
- Assisting with diagnostic procedures.
- Discussing treatment plans and estimates, and payment options with clients.
- Acquiring cephalic, saphenous, and jugular blood samples.
- Inserting IV catheters, and monitoring anesthesia, ventilators, and fluid therapy.
- Operating autoclaves.
- Processing specimens in the in-house laboratory and submitting specimens to outside laboratories.
- Calculating medication dosages, and providing dosage instructions for clients.
- Entering patients’ service charges into the computer database and keeping accurate patient records.
- Explaining patient instructions to clients and sharing educational materials.
- Prepares and maintains exam rooms, surgery suites, treatment areas, and recovery area to highest level of sanitation.
- Assist other team members as required.
- 2+ years of work experience as a veterinary technician preferred but entry level available.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong affinity for animals.
- Outstanding people skills.
- Ability to multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Understands the importance of prioritizing tasks and keeps oneself busy and productive during work shifts.
- Team player.
- Physical Effort: Sufficient physical strength, mobility, and stamina to lift and/or move heavy pets and objects up to 50lbs, standing for extended periods of time, & excessive kneeling with up/down motion.
- Working conditions: May be exposed to unpleasant odors, noises and animal feces. May be exposed to bites, scratches and contagious diseases.
Kennel Attendant Job Description
We are searching for an attentive, doting kennel attendant to oversee the well-being of the animals in our care. The kennel attendant’s responsibilities include cleaning cages, administering medication, and providing animals with food and water. You should also communicate diminished functioning to the veterinary team.
To ensure success as a kennel attendant, you should be able to anticipate and tend to the needs of animals. Ultimately, a top-notch kennel attendant will be able to tailor their care according to animals’ physical, emotional, and behavioral difficulties.
- Transporting animals to and from the kennels.
- Communicating pet care updates to owner, if required.
- Ensuring that the animals have ample, fresh food and water at all times.
- Cleaning animal waste, spilled food, hair, and other debris from the kennels.
- Disposing of trash in a timely manner.
- Grooming, playing with and administering treatment to animals under the auspices of the Veterinarian.
- Accompanying animals on walks.
- Calming animals who are in distress.
- Adjusting the air temperature to ensure that the animals remain comfortable.
- Reporting significant changes in functioning to the veterinary team.
- Evacuating all animals if an emergency occurs.
- Previous experience caring for animals will be advantageous.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Physically fit and agile.
- Capacity to lift up to 50 pounds unaided.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- A passion for animal welfare.
- Available to work during evenings, on weekends and public holidays, if required.
Customer Service Representative
Veterinary Receptionist Job Description
We are looking for a compassionate and organized Veterinary Receptionist who will join our pet care team. You will work at the front desk greeting, welcoming, and checking in the customers with their pets. Your other duties and tasks include answering the phone and emails, scheduling appointments and consultations, processing payments, and maintaining and updating patients’ records. You will also monitor the availability of items for sale, and answer customers’ questions and concerns.
Our preferable Veterinary Receptionist should have amazing customer service and communication skills. While communicating with customers, answering their questions, and assisting them with their medication and supply purchase, you need to show that you can be trusted and maintain a professional and engaging relationship. An exceptional Veterinary Receptionist should also be understanding, well-organized, and a team player.
- Greet and welcome customers and their pets into the vet clinic or hospital
- Check in the customers
- Inform the veterinary team about the arrival of patients
- Maintain and update patients’ and records
- Answer phone calls, texts, emails, and monitor online store requests
- Schedule appointments, consultations, and surgical procedures
- Receive and process payments
- Issue invoices for services
- Prescribe medications and explain their use if needed
- Monitor the availability of items and supplies for sale
- Answer the customers’ questions and concerns
- Assist with purchase of pet food and supplements
- Ensure that customers and their pets are seated comfortably in the waiting room
- Maintain the waiting room and keep front desk area clean and organized
- Cornerstone knowledge a plus
- Veterinary technician certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of veterinary procedures, medication, and terminology preferred
- Compassion and understanding
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Organizational skills